L I O N S C L U B S I N T E R N A T I O N A L
DISTRICT 102 W
Lions International Youth Camp 2009
“Chocolate, Cheese and Co(w) Country
• LOCATION : Grangeneuve Fribourg
• CAMP DATE : 25 JULY – 8 AUGUST 2009
• AGE : 17 – 21
• OFFICIAL LANGUAGE : ENGLISH
• PARTICIPANTS : 35 Females and Males
• DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION : March 31, 2009
• CAMP FEE : none
• CAMP ACTIVITIES AND PROGRAM
Two weeks of camp in the middle of Gruyère country. Cultural activities – visits, museums, concerts, film festival, etc; Social activities – folk music and language training. Sporting activities – walking, swimming, water sports, etc. Summer leisure activities -- sunbathing, fire-works, etc.
Experience local life and culture by living in a positive but competitive atmosphere that allows for learning by doing and making new friendships. The programme represents a perfect opportunity for acquiring leadership skills and gaining experience.
• WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
Material to present your country, lions pin, lions flag, your country flag, music, slides, DVDs, CDs. If possible please bring national costume for Talent Show. You will be asked to present your own country, so bring some examples of typical cultural items. Clothes for hot weather, sports/mountain footwear, swimsuit, trousers and sweatshirt. Warm clothes are also recommended a sweater and a rain/wind jacket.
1. PARTICIPANTS MUST BE IN GOOD HEALTH AND HAVE A MEDICAL TRAVEL INSURANCE.
2. ALCOHOL IS NOT ALLOWED AND DEFINITELY NO SMOKING!!!
L. Lucie Echenard
YEC - MD 102 - Switzerland/Liechtenstein
CH 1009 Pully
Phone :+4121 728 38 58