Anything that is in the world when you’re born is normal and ordinary and is just a natural part of the way the world works.
Anything that’s invented between when you’re fifteen and thirty-five is new and exciting and revolutionary and you can probably get a career in it.
Anything invented after you’re thirty-five is against the natural order of things.
A quote from Douglas Adams
Today, we know that the survival and development of an organization like the Lions Club depends, first and foremost, on its ability to evolve, innovate, and to question what it does and how it does it.
With this context in mind, we have discussed the following issues:
- Digital transformation and society's general evolution tends to erode the role of intermediate bodies. The Lions Club acts as an intermediary between the donor and the recipient.
The question to ask ourselves is: "What Lions Club business model transformations we need to make, to avoid its exclusion from charitable organizations?"
- Our second issue is: "How to make sure that our organization consist of 20% Millennials* in 10 years? "
A working group collaborated with forty students to answer questions about the future of our organization:
- Lions model adaptation in the evolution of intermediate bodies
- Lions model evolution in relation to Millennials concerns
In conclusion of this study, two main strategic directions will be implemented:
- Outline Lions model for each generation
- Undertake a transformation of the Lions Club organization, so that it integrates the digital channel as an essential vector geared to the younger generations.
The working group set up a library of model projects to enable key development capabilities in enriching the Lions Club mission.
Lions Club faces many future challenges, but it's potential for adaptations are real.
The working group is very hopeful that the proposed ideas will motivate local Lions Clubs and Districts in implementing one or the other strategy, while adapting and evolving it to meet the needs of local communities.
Want to know more ? Do you want to receive the study work and participate in the evolution of our organization?
Fill in the application form here
"Only people who take risks change the world"
* Millennials were born between 1980 and 200