We celebrate at the birthplace of the MD 102
In 2023, the association of Swiss and Liechtenstein Lions and Leos will celebrate its 75th birthday. We want to celebrate this anniversary in a fitting manner in Geneva, which is virtually the birthplace of MD 102 with the founding of the LC Genève on May 19, 1948.
Besides the National Convention, the Lions Day with the United Nations (LDUN) will be one of the highlights of the anniversary celebrations. We expect many international guests as well as high-ranking officers of Lions Clubs International.
In case of any further question please contact the General Secretary PDG Karin Engelmann email@example.com resp. +41 32 623 71 33 .
National Convention Geneva 2023, May 12 and 13
The members of the Lions Club Genève consider it a great privilege to organize the National Convention for the 75th Anniversary of the Lions Club in Switzerland.
The organizing committee has been working with passion and dedication for many months and is doing its utmost to ensure that the celebration will be a successful event and will be remembered fondly by all Lions.
The National Convention will take place on May 12 and 13, 2023 at the PALEXPO convention center.
Registration is done through Lions Base (available from February 1), and the hotel can be booked at the following link: -> Book Hotel <-
Here you can find the program of the National Convention 2023.
Here you can find the program for accompanying persons.
If you have any questions or need additional information, please feel free to contact the organizing team at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Best regards from Geneva,
Gérald Meylan Yann Malquarti
President OC NC23 President LC Geneva 2022-2023
Lions Day at the United Nations April 17 and 18, 2023
LDUN is an annual opportunity to celebrate the partnership between the United Nations and Lions Clubs. It has been held 44 times in New York and since 2017 also in Europe, alternating between Geneva and Vienna.
On Tuesday, April 18, 2023, this event will again be held in Geneva. Plan to arrive the evening before to celebrate 75 years of Swiss and European Lionism at the Gala Evening on April 17 with representatives of our international leadership and numerous participants from Switzerland, Europe and around the world.
It will be an opportunity to meet interesting speakers - Lions and members of international organizations - with exciting topics that we all share: LCI's global concerns and the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
It will also be an opportunity to meet our international leaders an to learn about the Palace of the United Nations.
The conferences, which will be held in one of the United Nations' large assembly halls, will begin at 11:00 a.m., so that even those who did not have time the day before can arrive in time to attend.
Those who will arrive in Geneva the day before or early in the morning will have the opportunity to participate in a multilingual guided tour of the historic building. During the lunch break, there will be the possibility to visit the international cafeteria of the United Nations, which is in itself an exceptional experience. The day will end around 4:00 p.m. with a reception and a glass of friendship offered by the Swiss Lions.
Sign up and celebrate with us - we look forward to it!
PID Robert Rettby, PCC Esther Aepli-Alder, DG Frédérique d'Agostino
Schedule April 17 and 18, 2023
April 17, 2023 - Hotel Président Wilson, Geneva:
- Celebration of the 75th anniversary of European and Swiss Lionism in the presence of numerous guests and Lions from Europe and around the world, as well as many international personalities, including International President Brian Sheehan.
- Extraordinary evening with speciality buffets from all cantons of District 102W.
- Some speeches presenting the history of Swiss and European Lonism
- Swiss animations that will allow to present our culture to our international guests.
- First and foremost, it should be a social evening to exchange and get to know each other. Dress should be casual and/or business but not formal.
- This evening will take place at the Hotel Président Wilson in Geneva, with an aperitif overlooking the lake, the Alps and the Jet d'eau. The dinner that will follow will be held in the ballroom of the hotel.
- The cost is 120 CHF per person, with all drinks included.
14:00 Meeting Disctrict Lions Base Masters (DLBM) Austria, Belgium and Switzerland - Liechtenstein
16:00 Steering Committee Austria, Belgium and Switzerland - Liechtenstein
17:00 75 year celebration, presentation Lions Base and Power BI for Leaders
April 18, 2023 - United Nations, Human Rights Assembly Hall:
- Lions Day at the United Nations (LDUN: Lions Day with the United Nations).
- It will be the third edition in Geneva, after 2017 and 2019.
- It will take place this time in the prestigious Human Rights Assembly Hall, which can accommodate up to 600 people.
- We expect at least 350 participants, including many visitors and international Lions leaders.
- We expect a very large participation from our Swiss Lions, for whom it will be a great experience to become better acquainted with international Lionism and our close relations with international organizations.
- Among the speakers we will have the pleasure to hear our international Lions leaders as well as leaders of other international organizations, but also speakers from our MD102 who will present the history of Swiss Lionism and our actions in the framework of our 75th anniversary.
- We will also hear and discover winners of the European Music Competition, the Young Ambassadors Competition and the Peace Poster Competition.
- Most presentations will be in English, but professional interpreters will be available for three national languages.
- A guided tour of the Palais des Nations in French, German and English will precede the session.
- The lunch break offers the opportunity to discover the UN's exceptional international cafeteria or to participate in the official meal (limited seating).
- And the day will end with a farewell drink on site, sponsored by MD102 and District 102 West.
- Registration for these events is already open at this link on the LCI website: LDUN Geneva | Lions Clubs International
- Please note that it is mandatory that you also register with the UNO in order to receive an access pass to the UNO: This is a requirement for attendance on April 18: Lions Day with the United Nations in Geneva (18 April 2023): Overview · Indico
- You can use the registration form on the LCI website to register for the evening event on April 17, the day at the United Nations on April 18, the guided tour, lunch, and to confirm your (non-paid) attendance at the farewell aperitif and pay for your participation. There you will also find the link to book your hotel room.
- We recommend that you attend both days to fully experience this extraordinary experience of international Lionism.
- We were able to get very good rates with the hotels, especially the President Wilson, which is one of the few hotels in the Marriott Luxury Collection world.
- Note, however, that the number of pre-reserved rooms at these rates is limited and you should not wait too long.
We are looking forward to a large attendance. Do not miss this opportunity.
Registration for these events on the LCI website: LDUN Geneva | Lions Clubs International
The mandatory registration in order to receive an access pass to the UNO: Lions Day with the United Nations in Geneva (18 April 2023): Overview · Indico