Young people from all over Europe compete in the European Lions Music Competition every year
Supporting young people with their musical talents is an important mission of Lions International. The annual music competition - the Lions LEMC European Music Competition - offers talented young musicians the opportunity to perform in their home countries and throughout Europe. It is dedicated to classical music.
Each year a different instrument is chosen.
Conditions for participation
- Be domiciled for at least 5 years in Switzerland or Liechtenstein.
- You must not be older than 23 years.
- Registration by 31 December (2023: NEW REGISTRATION DEADLINE UNTIL 15.02.2023) via email including a CV to be addressed to Benno Widmer.
- Registration via internet by 31 December of the year preceding the competition (2023: NEW REGISTRATION DEADLINE UNTIL 15.02.2023).
- During March, elimination MD 102 (Switzerland/Liechtenstein) and determination of the 3 finalists.
- Early May, appearance of the finalist at the Lions National Convention MD102.
- During October, the MD102 winner represents Switzerland at the European Final held during the Lions Club European Convention.
Each participant will receive a 500 CHF award offered by a regional Lions club as well as a certificate of participation. The 3 finalist winners will receive 2'500 / 1'500 / 1'000 CHF respectively.
You can access the details of this year's competition by consulting the news below.
Chair Music Competition Switzerland and delegate D102C
LC Les Rangiers