Every year, the Lions club MD 102 Switzerland-Liechtenstein organizes two summer camps, for 50 youths total (25 each). If possible, we accommodate if youths have a preference for one of the two camps.
Applications for foreign candidates must be approved by the youth exchange administrators from the origin country by the 15th of March of the year of the trip and sent to this address.
- 25 youths per camp
- All youths must arrive and leave from the Zürich-Kloten airport
- Food and activities related to Swiss culture
- Alcohol, tobacco and drugs are strictly forbidden in the camps
- Communication will be in English (Minimum level A2)
With few exceptions, the host family has at least one member in the Lions.
Host Families Offer
- Room and board for youths
- Youths will be provided a bedroom
- Families will provide for and assume responsibility for the youths for the length of the stay
- Organizing small excursions and familiarizing at their own charges with the local culture and quirks (no need for big spending!)
- Making youths a part of their everyday life
- Travel outside of the country is forbidden
- Room, board and activities are taken care of by host families or their Lions Club
- Communication by e-mail with youths before their arrival in order to provide all necessary information
- Families speak English or the young person’s language (e.g. Italian, French, or German)
- Families will not necessarily have their own children of the same age. Hosting isn’t about age!
VDG Frédérique d'Agostino
Youth Exchange Chair Person MD102 – Switzerland & Liechtenstein
Natascia Valenta Gubelmann
Youth Exchange Vice Chair Person MD102 – Switzerland & Liechtenstein, Youth Exchange Chair Person District 102C (Centro)
LC Lugano-Monte Brè
Youth Exchange Vice Chair Person District 102C (Centro)
LC Basel Kunsthalle
Youth Exchange Chair Person District 102E (East)
Youth Exchange Chair Person District 102W (West)
LC Grandson Lac & Château