Every year, around 100 youth camps are held worldwide as part of the youth exchange of the Lions Club International. Find some general information here Lions International Youth Camp & Exchange Directory
Who is eligible to attend this program?
Youths between 17 and 22 years old, with a good knowledge of English, interested in staying with a host family to experience a foreign culture
Which countries are available?
Switzerland has arrangement with various countries, with an amount of places based on negotiations with those.
List of the available countries for 2019:
Austria, Belarus, Brazil, Canada, China, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mexico, Netherland, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, USA
Registration starts on December 1st and end on the last day of February. Only the youth delegate of a Lions club is allowed to forward a completed application, including all signatures, which is sent to the district’s youth delegate.
Each youth delegate is tasked with setting up the registration forms for any youth who wishes to go abroad with the Lions Club.
Warning: only fill this form out by computer, hand-filled forms will be refused. Write the top 3 choices of countries/camps by order of preference. See the list of camps and countries on the MD102 site. Make sure to fill all blanks.
> download application form district 102C (Excel)
> download application form district 102E (Excel)
> download application form district 102W (Excel)
2. A copy of the passport (pdf), still valid and signed. ID cards are not accepted.
3. A copy of the insurance policy for illness and accidents (pdf) with foreign coverage
4. A copy of the liability insurance (pdf)
5. A copy of the repatriation insurance (pdf), only if already in possession of one
6. An introduction letter to the host family, starting with “Dear Host Family”, and including interests, hobbies, photos of the youth and their family. Include thanks!
7. Passport-format photo
Please pay attention to the document sizes! Everything must fit in a pdf of maximum 3MB.
Please make sure that
- The youth make contact with their host family as soon as they have their contact information.
- A youth who leaves with the Lions becomes an “ambassador” for the Lions as well as their country. Their behavior must be impeccable.
- The youth speaks English.
Mandatory Information Meetings
Youths who applying for the youth exchange program have to participate in 2 meetings:
- Before the trip to obtain information and materials.
- After the trip (in September or October) to share their experience and meet members of the Leo Clubs.
An invitation will be sent directly to the youths.
Natascia Valenta Gubelmann
Chair youth camps District 102C
LC Lugano-Monte Brè
Chair youth camps District 102E
Chair youth camps District 102W
LC Grandson Lac & Château