One hundred camps throughout the world take place every year within the framework of the Lions Club Youth Exchanges. Find some general information here.
Who can take part in this program?
Any young person between 16 and 22 years old, depending on country, with good knowledge of English, interest in staying with a host family and/or in a camp for the purpose of getting to know another culture.
Which countries are there to discover?
Here are the countries partnering with Switzerland & Liechtenstein for 2020:
Australia, Austria, Belarus, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Germany, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Israel, Italy, Japan, Lithuania, Macedonia, Mexico, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, United States of America.
Placements are limited for each country and requests will be taken in the order they are received.
Registration begins on the 15th of December and ends on the 15th of March the year following.
Any young person wishing to participate in the youth exchange program must have the support of a local Lions Club where they reside.
Each youth delegate must assist the young person who wishes to go overseas in putting together their application and filling in the registration form under the guidance of the Lions Club.
The Lions Club youth delegate is authorised to send a duly completed and signed candidacy form to their colleague from the respective district.
Application for candidacy
- Forms absolutely must be filled in on a computer.
- Consult the list of countries available for youth hosting above.
- Choose three destination countries and order them by preference.
- Be sure that you have correctly filled out every field.
Please see the list with the youth camps 2020.
2. Enclose with the application:
- Copy of passport or identity card according to your destination (check the expiry date)
- Copy of your health and accidents insurance policy, with coverage for foreign countries
- Copy of your civil liability insurance policy
- Copy of your repatriation insurance policy of you have one
- Cover letter and thank you for the host family in English, beginning “Dear Host Family…” and photos of you with your own family in which you introduce yourself, as well as your family, your country, etc.
- Passport photo
Pay attention to your file formats – everything must be sent in PDF format and must not exceed 3 MB.
- Youths will make contact with their host family as soon as they have been coordinated.
- The young person is aware that they are a Swiss/Liechtensteinian ambassador of the Lions.
- The young person will behave themself.
- The young person must know English.
- Two information sessions are mandatory:
- Before departure (in May) to be made aware of necessary information and to receive gear for the trip
- After the trip (in September or October) to share experiences and meet members of the Leo Club
An invitation will be sent directly to the youths.
Like to know more? Click here.
VDG Frédérique d'Agostino
Youth Exchange Chair Person MD102 – Switzerland & Liechtenstein
Natascia Valenta Gubelmann
Youth Exchange Vice Chair Person MD102 – Switzerland & Liechtenstein, Youth Exchange Chair Person District 102C (Centro)
LC Lugano-Monte Brè
Youth Exchange Vice Chair Person District 102C (Centro)
LC Basel Kunsthalle
Youth Exchange Chair Person District 102E (East)
Youth Exchange Chair Person District 102W (West)
LC Grandson Lac & Château