Supporting young people with their musical talents is an important mission of Lions International. The annual music competition - the Lions LEMC European Music Competition - offers talented young musicians the opportunity to perform in their home countries and throughout Europe. It is dedicated to classical music.
Each year a different instrument is chosen. So, 2017 was dedicated to the trumpet, 2018 to the flute and 2019 to the guitar.
Conditions for participation
- Be domiciled for at least 5 years in Switzerland or Liechtenstein.
- You must not be older than 23 years.
- Registration via internet by 31 December of the year preceding the competition.
- During March, qualifying rounds MD 102 (Switzerland/Liechtenstein) will take place and the 3 finalists will be selected.
- At the beginning of May, Swiss final at the MD102 National Convention and presentation of the winner.
- During October, the MD102 winner represents Switzerland at the European Final held during the Lions Club European Convention.
Each participant will receive a 500 CHF award offered by a regional Lions club as well as a certificate of participation. The 3 finalist winners will receive 2'500 / 1'500 / 1'000 CHF respectively.
You can access the details of this year's competition by consulting the news below.